Friday, December 19, 2008

Zoo Lights

Wow, can you believe that we are entering the last 2 weeks of 2008? Christmas is a week away. I hope you are ready!

This is one of Horizon's Q400's in Boise last week. I LOVE the paint job! Foggy morning in downtown San Francisco last week--I love the way the fog is creeping over the buildings.We had a little bit of snow in Denver this week. This was Sunday morning. Look closely at the right side of the photo--there is a third airplane, but it's just a shadow, almost hidden by the snow! The high on Sunday was a whopping -2*...brrrr.....rrrrr..r.r....rrrrr...rrrrrrr!Poor Corey, one of our mechanics, had to come out to fix my plane. Don't you love his 1980's bank-robber ski mask? It was SO cold on the ramp--it was about -10*--yes, MINUS 10! Not quite the high of -2!Calgary got quite a lot of snow, too. This poor little tree was outside of my hotel room. I think it just needs a few lights and a star on top!
Jenny, James, Csaba, Kristen and I went to the Denver zoo for Zoo Lights. It had warmed up to a balmy 28*, so it was a pleasant night. Jenny said that she had 4 layers on. I had 3, including silk longjohns and a wonderful Eddie Bauer wool shirt under my down coat! I was warm, though!Now, the cool thing about Zoo Lights is that that they should be viewed with 3-D glasses! So, on with ours! Don't we look cool! Or is it "cold?"
This is what you see with 3-D! Awesome, isn't it? Can you see the tiger on the right side of the photo?This lovely fellow is a King Cobra. He wasn't amused with the laser focusing device. He was about 6 feet long.
James & Jenny in 3-D--
I think that this is the year of the Dragon. Or, maybe the zoo HAS a dragon? ! ?
What a wonderful package, with a bow on top!
I finally got this year's Christmas photos taken. Thought you'd enjoy the process of getting the perfect shot. Ranger is ALWAYS helpful!And cuddly!Checking to be sure my hat is secure...I probably need a kiss right about now! He's happy to oblige!Aha! The perfect shot...um...Beau, what are you doing?
We got one of the best Christmas gifts yesterday--Brett Ellis was born! Brett is Brian and Odette's second child, and Sara's baby brother. Brian took some photos which I'll upload in a day or so. Welcome, Brett!

Rangedeer, Beaudeer and I wish you a WONDERFUL Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics Karen. I like Beau's tongue sticking out. Just like a kid getting antsy during Christmas photos w/santa!

Kim