Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mid-March

It's the middle of March. I'm in Tucson right now, getting ready to lounge by the pool--something we can't quite do yet in Colorado! This is the view from the pool! Yes, I got tan lines! :-)


Have you completed your income taxes yet? I finished mine last week, but still need to review and file them. Yes, I'm getting a small refund.

The question is, what do I do with it? There are so many options and so little money! I'd like to buy a fuel-efficient car; the truck is killing me with fuel costs. Are fuel costs affecting the way you plan your day or your week? Do you cut back in other areas of your life because of the rise in fuel costs?

I'd also like to buy a digital SLR. I'm leaning towards the Canon 40d. I used to do a lot of photography but my interest waned as I got busier with other hobbies. I miss shooting, though, and have decided that it might be a worthwhile hobbie to renew and pursue. Since none of my lenses are compatible, the new equipment can be an open slate, so I'm considering the Nikon line as well. I think Nikon has a more intuitive menu, while Canon has better quality, but by a very slim margin.

Then there's Ranger's new saddle. I want a custom saddle, since he's so hard to fit. A custom saddle starts at approximately $3000. That's not bad, considering a new, quality production saddle averages $2500-4000.

I guess trying to decide how to spend money that you actually have isn't a bad dilemma!

Below is another reason that I love my job--this is sunset, about 30 miles south of SFO, at FL250. What sort of view do you have out of your office window?

I hope that you are having a terrific day. Please feel free to sign my blog!
Karen

No comments: