Saturday, March 15, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Parade

I went up to Denver today. When I got there, Sara had a big smile for me! She's seven months old, and just got her first teeth, the two front teeth on the bottom!
We attended the St. Patrick's Day parade in downtown Denver. Below are some of the classic cars from Ireland, of course--didn't you know that muscle cars originated in Detroit, Ireland?

Odette, Sara and I had to have our photo taken with the bagpipes (from the Irish country of Scotland). A really nice man, who was drunk on green beer, gave me beads to give to Sara, so these are her first beads. She's now officially Irish, although not drunk!

No parade would be complete without a leprechaun driving around!

Or hobbling, as this fellow was doing. He could barely walk, but marched gamely on as the parade passed him. The kids in the crowd LOVED him! So did I! Are we doubly lucky, that we saw not ONE, but TWO leprechauns?

After the parade, Odie & I had lunch, then went to a spice store and a gourmet chocolate shop--Wen Chocolates. We couldn't resist the deviled eggs, which are actually white chocolate with chocolate crispies filling! Delicious! Odette shared hers with Brian. I'm not as generous with my chocolate...
I hope that you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day, and that the luck of the Irish is with you!

No comments: