Monday, August 3, 2009

New Sofa!

So I went browsing today at Arhaus Furniture as well as a couple of other high-end, I-can't-afford-it-but-I-want-to-see-how-they-live furniture stores.

I've been undergoing a lot of changes--downsizing, getting rid of things that I just don't love or want any more, getting rid of clutter and knick-knacks and doo-dads and extra STUFF. In fact, you can see the Goodwill pile in the back corner of the room--yup, that HUGE pile is leaving!

Somewhere along the line over the past year, I've realized that I've outgrown many of my things, including a lot of my furnishings. Other things are just languishing because I've been a little afraid to use them--like Grandma's table (which will become my sewing table when I finish unpacking the office).

I bought this sectional for the house in COS, where it looked terrific, and fit my style.
However, it's just too big in this house. Waaay too big. 95" x 95"--that's 8' per side! It's also no longer my taste or style. It's a cool sofa, but really, how functional is a sectional? There's no room for a chair, so there's nowhere else to sit. There's no way to face someone while having a conversation. And, although sectionals are designed to seat many people, more than two people is just too cozy.

So, I went to browse and get ideas today. Really, I was just looking. Really!

Sooooo, meet my new sofa! It's from the Yale Collection by Corbin--it's got a hand-crafted frame, and is upholstered in a chenille fabric with a herringbone pattern. The wood frame sweeps across the bottom; I LOVE the tapered legs. It's comfy, it's a smaller scale, and I LOVE IT!The sectional is listed for sale on Craigslist. The above sofa was on clearance, marked down over $1000--well within my price range. There is a matching armchair and ottoman, which I will buy if the sectional sells, and if the bonus check is a good one! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: