Thursday, July 9, 2009

Random Stuff and Recurrent

Did you know that Chain Gangs still exist? When I was on my way to Keystone last week, I stopped in Georgetown and saw this group of trustees picking up trash on the side of the road. Yes, those are prison stripes. Yes, there was an officer with an MP-5 guarding them.We have to attend recurrent training every year. Every other year, we have to go to SLC to play with emergency equipment. This was THAT year. We have to don life vests (um, I remember being told that you can't drown in the Great Salt Lake because you can't sink--the salt is so concentrated that you are super-bouyant!). That's Scott, Joe and Ron.As always, we are consummate professionals!Fashion-ista!Everyone fights fires on a daily basis. We just do it literally!
The lovely headwear is a Portable Breather, which provides 15 minutes of oxygen so that we can fight a fire on the aircraft. Um...that sounds like an FO-function to me. (That is Captain-speak for "I'm delegating that to my First Officer because I'm either too lazy to do it myself, too chicken, or I don't know how." In this particular case, the PBE would mess up my hair, therefore it is an FO-function.)

On to Harry Potter. The Half-Blood Prince is coming out in 3 days! Can't wait!!! In the meantime, I spotted Minerva McGonagall at a local Carl's Junior, which is typically a Muggle hangout. She had highlighted her hair, but I knew who it was, despite the excellent disguise!See? What do you think? I'm POSITIVE that it was Professor McGonagall, disguised as a Muggle, enjoying a Carl's Six Dollar Burger!!!Another Fashion Don't at the airport. Is she REALLY wearing just a long shirt, without leggings???? And black panties???? REALLY??????????????? Where is Stacy London when we need her? And why do people think that it's OK to appear in public dressed like that? Be sure you double-check your look in the mirror before you leave home! PLEEEASE don't look like THAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RUDE!! But so funny! - xo Greg