Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I actually don't like Thanksgiving, but I think if I smile, act cheerful and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, the day will go quickly and be over with. My dad committed suicide on Thanksgiving day, 10 years ago, and a good friend's father did the same when we were in high school, so it's not the best of holidays in my book.

But....it might be in yours, so I'll wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

What are you thankful for? I do have things for which to be thankful, so there are some redeeming qualities to the holiday.

My list includes my horses, and having the resources to give them the best of care--especially Ranger right now. I'm also thankful for my friends, new and old. I'm thankful for my aunts & cousins. Closer relatives...not so much since I haven't heard from them in well over a year. I'm thankful for a job I love, flying the coolest Barbie-jet in the world and being senior enough to get a schedule I like, going places I enjoy. I'm grateful that I like Denver a lot, that I'm no longer trapped in Hell, I mean, Colorado Springs. I'm thankful that I was able to invest in two properties that will help secure my future and my retirement. I'm thankful that, despite a year of injuries, crutches, stitches and surgery, I can still ride, do almost everything I want to do, and continue to feel better. I'm grateful that Kalisha is still going strong at 18 years of age. I'm grateful that a few people care enough about me and what I'm up to to read this blog!

I'm also grateful for my iphone, which allows me to capture images like this! Duck Duck Goose! Seriously?!!! How fun!


Trish & I went shopping, and stopped in Saks. This is a dress, possibly for an Amazon. I know I'm small, but really!
Guess who we spotted at the mall?I helped Trish put new floors in her kitchen and bathroom. We got it done right the first time, and it looks terrific! The ugly yellow squares were the old floor in both rooms, circa 1960.
The Galt House hotel in Louisville is ready for Christmas. Everything is edible!
Well, everything except Santa and the reindeer...although I did have reindeer steaks and reindeer sausage in Norway with Bjorg...and it was yummy.
Hope you are stuffing yourself with stuffing, turkey and pumpkin pie! Save room for seconds! Then, up at 4a for Black Friday! :-)

No comments: