Sunday, July 6, 2008

Good Day, Bad Day...

One of my dearest friends, Joe, and his new bride Carlyle, celebrated their wedding reception today. The weather cooperated, the backyard and house were beautiful, the catering was outstanding, and the company was fabulous! Joe had invited Kevin Cassidy from KMGI (where we all met), whom I hadn't seen in probably 12 years--he looks just the same! OK, so here's the posed photos...And here's the normal, everyday, Joe's-got-a-grape-in-his-eye photo... :-)Does Carlyle know what she's in for???? :-)

That fabulous Colorado wind had to make an appearance, and decimated the tent over the bar! It ended up in the neighbor's yard. You should have heard people screaming..."OH MY GOD, SAVE THE VODKA!"

It was a lovely wedding reception. Joe and Carlyle are off to Paris for their honeymoon.

It ended up being a bittersweet day, because as one "life" began, I learned that another had ended. Kacey Day, my friends/mentors Kay & Chuck Day's grandson, died on Sunday, June 29, here in Colorado. I met Kacey 7 years ago, around the time I got Ranger. Kay & Chuck were my Wild Horse Mentors, and took me into their family. Kacey was 13 when I met him. He grew up into a fine, handsome young man, the kind you would call "strapping" years ago...he had a beautiful heart. He joined the Army, spent time in Iraq (Thank You, Kacey!), and had recently come home to be based at Ft. Carson. He died in a car accident early in the morning. He was only 20 years of age.

Tomorrow, I will go to the accident site to leave some flowers and a card. My heart goes out to Kay, Chuck, Kacey's brother Brandon, nephew Kyle, niece Krysta and his parents, as well as the rest of the family.

The funeral will be in Camas, WA, on Monday. If you have a moment on Monday, around 1pm Pacific Time, please take a moment to honour Kacey. He was, and always will be, very loved.

We will miss you, Kacey!

No comments: