Friday, April 17, 2009

Gettin' there....slowly....

Still wondering what that light at the end of the tunnel might be...but things are happening. Chris & Jason have been going great guns on the bathroom. This was right before they started the shower tile.The floor tile is down, the new tub installed, the drywall is up and the shower is tiled about halfway up the wall--right up the the 4" accent pieces. No, the red isn't a nod to the former owner--it's the tile board. The bathroom should be done by Monday.In fact, I bought a new toilet on faith today--and it matches the new vanity! Who knew that Kohler made coordinating vanities and toilets? The coolest thing I bought today was the toilet seat--it's called a "Whisper Shut," which means that it has a dampener that slows the fall of the seat, shutting it quietly! NO MORE BANGING TOILET SEATS! How COOL is that!?!

Speaking of the new vanity, here it is on display at Home Depot. Remember the two vanity choices I posted a few weeks ago? This is a blend of everything I liked about each! The wicker drawer actually goes right under the sink, but they had it out, sitting on top of the shelf. There is a second drawer at the bottom of the vanity so there is plenty of storage. This model has brushed silver faucets; I will have chrome.The guys started refinishing the hardwood floors in my house today. The hoses are for the dustless sander--what a great invention! I had nightmares of having to wash the walls to get rid of the dust, but there isn't a single mote when they are done. My floors are red oak, and will be beautiful when finished.It's hard work, but they blow through it like it's nothing! He's applying the wood filler.Some of the other things I accomplished this week included painting the kitchen ceiling and upper walls, which will be exposed by the cabinets. I started to install the new kitchen light fixture, but things started sparking--and they shouldn't have, so I'll leave that to Norm since he's not afraid of electricity. The new kitchen cabinets arrived, too.They will be installed on Monday or Tuesday, depending on when the bathroom is completed. I'll have a makeshift counter until the granite arrives. I don't mind, as long as I can brew coffee!

This was pretty scary--that truck on the left was through the intersection. The safety arm was on top of the truck--notice how is isn't even with the arm on the right? The train was only about 12" from the cab. Idiot...I definitely won't ever use Roadway to move! I was on my way to get x-rays of my back and neck when this happened. Things still hurt. I have another appointment on Wednesday to get the x-rays read.I stopped by to see the boys on Easter morning. Just as I pulled into the driveway, the local herd of does jumped in front of my car. They were over the fence before I got my camera, but I was totally surrounded for a few minutes. There are about 10-15 more does just out of the viewfinder.This was the view from my office yesterday morning--that's Bellingham Bay at sunrise. Pretty, isn't it? This is the view from my apartment today...That white blob is my car.At least you can still see the Obama stickers. I thought spring was here...well, as everyone says, we need the moisture!

I discovered a cool product today--Angel Bites Cookie Company. She makes horse cookies--and they are all natural, and her prices are very reasonable. You might want to try some for your favourite equine! Dogs like them, too! http://www.angelbitescookiecompany.com/

No comments: