Thursday, April 23, 2009

No Train...Yet

Busy day at the house...Chris and Jason got most of the bathroom done. The toilet seat is amazing--it's a "Whisper Drop" or something like that--what that means is that it has a dampener that keeps the lid from dropping! Cool, huh?This is my new vanity. Isn't it pretty? I love it!The kitchen cabinets are in. Granite will be ordered next week.The laminate flooring is going in tonight--in fact, Chris called to complain that I didn't get enough underlayment. I thought I did.
I spent most of today at the duplex. A young family looked at the duplex and want to rent it, and I told them that I needed to hire a couple of guys from Labor Ready to get things done. Juan Carlo, the husband, came back a few minutes later and asked if I would let him do the work. I said yes--they have a 14-month-old daughter and he's unemployed. He was there, waiting for me this morning, and he and his buddy knocked themselves out ripping out the tile floor and tearing down the shed. I actually had to tell them to take a break! Now, I wish I had a business--those are the kind of guys I'd like to hire. I hope that I can help him get a job somewhere--He'll get a fantastic reference from me.

Tomorrow is crunch day--I need to finish packing, because the movers will be here at 8:30a Saturday morning. I also need to exchange the medicine cabinet, which was damaged on arrival, and buy a dishwasher. BUT, guess what happens after that?

NOTHING!!!! And I can't wait! :-)

Be sure to leave a comment--do you like the progress and the design choices?

No comments: