Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting My Kicks

Wow, San Francisco Bay is gorgeous at 6am, isn't it?
You can see the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and the city. I love the way the light plays in the air and on the water.I went on a date to a wonderful Cuban restaurant on Friday, then out to the First Friday Art Walk. This is Rik Sargent's water sculpture. The entire world can be captured in one drop of water, and water flows throughout everything. He captured the universe in this piece!It's made of a soft, moldable clay that never dries. The world never ceases to change; neither does the sculpture.There is a weird disco bus that parks on the street. People go inside to dance. I went inside to check it out, but the music is beyond me, so I only lasted a minute.This crazy float hosted people in all sorts of costumes. It was pulled by the POS truck that you can see...and it promptly broke down in the middle of the street.We discovered this artist at the back of a basement workshop. Her name is Susan Koalenz, and I LOVE her work! Isn't it vibrant!?!This is my favourite piece!
As everyone knows by now, Ranger has an owie. He broke the sidebone in his left front foot. I was showing someone the injury on Saturday and I don't know if I scared him, or if he was hurting, but he wheeled and kicked me. Now we have matching injuries. Nothing was broken, but there are a bunch of stitches under that bandage, and a softball shoved under my skin. My jeans were completely soaked in blood; Ranger went almost to the bone. I'm on crutches and off work for a while. Judging from how difficult it is to walk three days later, I'll be out of commission for a while.
OUCH!

1 comment:

Brian and Odette Ellis said...

hope it heals quickly. It was good to talk to you last night. Let us know when you are moving out here again! =)