Thursday, June 4, 2009

Losses and gains

Sad news today. David Carradine apparently commited suicide in Bangkok, where he was filming a movie. Those of you who have known me a long, long time, since dinosaurs roamed the earth, know that the first film I was in was Lone Wolf McQuade, with Chuck Norris, Robert Beltan and David. I played Robert Beltran's ("Cayo") girlfriend. My lines were cut, but I'm still in there, in the dance scene. Anyway, David was always nice and polite, although rather reserved. I stayed friends with Chuck and Robert for a long time, but never became friends with David...still, what a shock.

Sadder news...Captain Gordan Hyde died yesterday. He broke his neck diving into a pool on Memorial Day. There was hope for limited recovery, but it didn't work out that way. Again, I wasn't close friends with Gordan, but we knew each other and always said HI. I'm so sorry for his friends and family, wife and children. Losing him is a tragic and unexpected loss.

I'm headed out to show the duplex. I have one young lady who has filled out an application and forwarded it to Section 8, so cross your fingers that one side will be rented within the next week or so.

Home Depot guy and I are going out again soon. :-) Maybe there will be photos before long?

No comments: