Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Photos and plants in the ground

I just uploaded a new album at http://www.KarenBPhotos.com. There are photos from the 2009 Best Bawl Versatility Ranch Horse event a few weekends ago. I was one of 30 "judges." The event was a fundraiser for Renee's Friends Fund, which provides help for Breast Cancer patients and survivors. Yes, that's Tim Rose in a dress...real men wear PINK! That's me in the red shirt--wow, my hair is getting long, isn't it? Thank you, Margaret, for taking pictures!Jeff & Gerrie Barnes hosted the event at their ranch in Larkspur. There were about 70 horses & riders, on 6 or 7 teams. The "Hot Flashes" were "mature" breast cancer survivors. They had the "Harley Horse" team, dressed as a motorcycle gang, and a slew of other entertaining teams. They raised over $8000--WOW!

You can be certain that Ranger & I will be competing next year!

Speaking of...the boys will be moving to a new barn at the end of the month. I'll be sad to leave Cindy's; they LOVE being out on acreage. The new barn doesn't have pasture. However, it does have a full-sized indoor arena with wonderful footing, an on-site top dressage instructor, a full-sized competition outdoor arena, access to over 170 miles of trails in the open space park across the street, and best of all....

COWS!!!!!!!!

Yes, Ranger will have 5 cows at his disposal for cutting, harassing and chasing around. He's going to be in Horse Heaven!

I'm hoping that Beau will be ridden more. The barn is only 20 minutes away, versus the hour + drive I've been doing. Marci, the manager, says that there are several people who are good, kind riders that want to lease a horse, so Beau might be ridden regularly.

I finally got the rest of my plants into the ground. I bought 3 kinds of lavender, coreopsis, and salvia, all of which I planted outside the side door. I also weeded the strip between my fence and the curb, then seeded it with annuals and perennials. I chose drought-tolerant plants, since I won't be watering it much.

Some of the new roses are budding, and everything else looks as though it's off to a good start. I love landscaping! Can't wait to see some of my ideas get accomplished!

I'm headed to Yosemite for the weekend, for a girl-weekend with Melissa, Diann and a bunch of other friends. Three days of hiking, laying by the lake, boating, eating and drinking....should be fun! I can't wait to DO NOTHING for THREE DAYS! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you think of the Armoire, go across the street and join your geese friends and do some Goose Yoga - stretch that leg back, chest forward, no shoes! Those are great photos Karen. xox - Greg