Friday, June 12, 2009

Good week!

This has been a good week! I finally walked across the street to City Park. What a jewel! The park has several lakes and ponds, as well as the zoo and the Natural History Museum. Egrets (both white and black-headed night egrets), and cormorants nest on the islands. There are a lot of Canada Geese, and they are totally unafraid of people. I sat down next to this flock. Pretty soon, one goose took a nap, while the other started doing GooseYoga! Can you see his leg stretched out behind him? This is SAS, on its way to Stockholm. Look at how the wings sag from the heavy fuel load! The high point of my week was flying with Brian! Brian, Odette & I have been friends for over 10 years. Brian was a student pilot with me back at Regal Air in Washington (so was Odette; I helped her finish up her Private Pilot's license). This is the first time we've flown together since Regal, and it's the first time I've flown with someone I've known outside of work. Brian did an excellent job--not a surprise, since Brian is a perfectionist like me! It was really a joy to fly with him--I don't think he realizes how highly I think of him, and how much fun I had! Thanks, Brian!
I hope your work week was as fun as mine! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: