Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Still no armoire...no funnel clouds...but a cool view of DIA!

As you know, Denver had a bunch of funnel clouds on Sunday. I didn't get to see any of them--I was riding the boys, and drove home through the hail, pounding rain and lighting. I wanted to see a funnel cloud, so I drove almost to Kansas, chasing the storm. By then it had dissipated with no rotation, but I did see some of the damage--this is a semi that was blown off of the freeway. Down the road I spotted this lonely windmill.This is how we lock gates out here!Doesn't this barn look as though it's seen a tornado or two? Wouldn't you love to paint a picture of this?No tornados...rats. Guess I'll have to try again.

Back to the armoire. "All My Sons Moving and Storage" was supposed to deliver it last Thursday night. They never showed up. I called Friday morning to find out where my armoire was. Benjamin Andrews, the morning manager, said that he didn't know anything about what the night crew did. He started raising his voice about all of the "trouble" I'm causing over the armoire.

(Ummm...????WTF???? THEY damaged it!)

I told him not to speak to me in that tone of voice, since I'm the customer. He said, "I don't think you know who I am. I know who you are. I know where you live, I know you live alone, and I'm going to come and SEEEE you." The guy was beyond scary and creepy. Then he said, "You think you're a big bad ass...I'll show you a big bad ass. I'm going to teach you a lesson."

So, I called the police. Officer Ryan was terrific. He filed a report, he recommended that I file a restraining order, and that I have a Civil Standby when the armoire was delivered. He called Benjamin Andrews and made it clear to him that he was threatening the wrong person. Andrews backed down and said there'd be no trouble...we'll see.

"All My Sons Moving & Storage" is the WORST company I've ever dealt with.


They tried to deliver the armoire today...what do you think? Gashes, gouges scrapes...This is the piece of trim that was broken off. Where's the rest of it? Nope, not acceptable. Those are only a few of the photos of the damage. Back it goes to their "expert" repair guy...and yes, the Denver police did a Civil Standby while those guys were here.

The owner, Vic, called me a few minutes ago and I asked him if he knew what Benjamin had said. He said, "I've known Benjamin a long time and he'd never talk like that." I told him that the police were involved and that Benjamin had told Officer Ryan that he had threatened me, but wasn't going to cause trouble. Vic backed off and said, "Well, let me order the trim for this armoire and let's put this behind us." Whatever...I'll be filing a restraining order, and a complaint with the better business bureau.

This was the view coming into Denver today, from 13,000'.This view is looking south. See the concourse "jog" on the left side of the photo? That's "The Horseshoe." My parking spot today was the 6th spot to the right on the north side--the only open spot.
What a cool job I have, flying into and out of the nations's busiest and most complex airports! Hope you are enjoying your work week as much as I am!

No comments: